Travel to Vietnam Question & Answer
Who do not need visa when visiting Vietnam?
- Tourists in following 22 countries no need visa to Vietnam if their travell is below the period of time: Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Indonesia, The Philippine, Brunei, Myanmar, Korea, Japan, Russia, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland,France, Germany, Spain, United, Kingdom, Italy, Belarus. All tourists except from 22 countries above need to apply visa to Vietnam
How many ways to get visa to Vietnam?
- There are 3 options to get visa to Vietnam:
- Get visa at the Vietnam Embassy in your country
- Online visa from official website of Vietnam Immigration Department
- Get approval letter from travel agency for the purpose of travel with us, and then do the landing visa at customs on arrival
How to apply online visa to Vietnam?
- To apply online Visa to Vietnam, please follow this link to the official website of Vietnam Immigration Department
Is it easy to convert the USD or Euro to local money in Vietnam? Where? Should we take some local currency with us?
- To be honest, USD is the best currency to bring to Vietnam. You can easily exchange the money in almost city in Vietnam. If I were you, I would prefer the bank to have a save deal!
Should/Can I have a SIM CARD in Vietnam?
- If possible you should/ can buy a phone card with data in Vietnam with some local companies such as Viettel, Mobifone or Vinaphone at the info desk in the airport for the temporary period of use in Vietnam.
How to call in Vietnam and use the internet?
- You can buy a tourist prepaid SIM card, it’s cheap (you can buy almost everywhere). If you take the flight to Vietnam, I would recommend you buy the SIM at the airport. Or you can use Skype, Viber, Whatsapp and Facebook for international phone calls. Internet is almost everywhere, hostel, restaurant, coffee house… (except small street restaurants)
Are there dress codes when visiting the temples or mosques in Vietnam?
- Actually, the dress code is really important when visiting religious sites in Vietnam. But as you know, to visit the special site such as temple, pagoda or mosque wearing the suitable costume is a good idea for every people. In some temples or mosques, visitors need to take off shoes or put on turbans.
Is language barrier a serious problem when traveling in Vietnam?
- In some case, language barrier is not much difficult to travel in Vietnam especially in the big city such as Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Otherwise, taking guided tours will make your trip less trouble and well organized especially for the first-time visitors is not a bad idea.
Where to book and buy tickets for the train and bus?
- You can easily buy tickets directly on train (https://dsvn.vn/) and bus stations (https://www.baolau.com). It also provides the service to buy online ticket and keep it in your mobile phone or tablet.
- REMEMBER: DO NOT buy tickets in the front of train/bus station from the dealers.
What important I should take to Vietnam?
- Off course it should be your passport, visa approval letter with some photos or passport with stamp visa
- Some cash to exchange to Vietnamese Dong at arrival airport or hotel or local bank
- Valid credit card off course
- And not forget your personal medication just in case of emergency (in some remote areas it is complicated to buy something)
It is necessary to vaccinate for Vietnam?
- To be honest, for your vaccination you should ask your doctor for advises. Actually, to travel to Vietnam for classic tour with the main destination of travel, it is usually not necessary for vaccination before.
- Recommended preparation: mosquito repellent, sunscreen cream
How long to travel in Vietnam?
- I think it’s important to know: Vietnam is a long country, the North, Center and South are different. I recommend at least 4 or 5 days for each part of this country. So, for 2 weeks, you can visit all of the best highlight of Vietnam of course it is including of 2 or 3 day relax on the beach. Otherwise, to explore more Vietnam with the beauty nature, you can have 3 or 4 weeks to travel in Vietnam
I have two weeks, what to see and where to go in Vietnam?
- Everyone travels differently and wants to see something else. I would recommend you travel 2 or 3 parts with that period of time. There are 2 airport hubs of Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City), so you can schedule your itinerary to arrival at one hubs and departure at another hubs. And about the central part of Vietnam, you can take a night train or local flight to visit it.
Where to go when I want to swim or kayaking?
- Well, you can go kayaking in Ha Long Bay or other beautiful island of Vietnam like Phu Quoc Island. The Central of Vietnam is one of the top destinations for swimming in the sea such as Danang beach, Hoian beach and Nha Trang beach
What are the world heritage sites in Vietnam?
- The most popular world heritage site in Vietnam is Halong Bay. The others are Hội An, Huế, the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, Mỹ Sơn, Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng, Citadel of Hồ Dynasty and Tràng An…
What are the perfect months with good weather everywhere?
What are ATM withdrawal limit in Vietnam?
- It depends on the bank. The maximum normally is 5 million dong (about $200)
What do you think about keeping valuables in hotel’s room in Vietnam?
- We think it’s fine. Of course it’s always a good idea to keep everything in a safe deposit boxes or at the receptionist’s desk at the hotel.
Nord of Vietnam Question and Answer
Where should I visit in the North?
- Actually, in my experience, I would prefer the significant high lands in northern Vietnam. I was impressed by the beauty of nature here such as Mu Cang Chai – which has maleficent terraces. If you visit when new rice is coming up, the terraces make a beautiful mosaic of varying hues of green. I’m sure you going to love the “colorful party” of flower such as peach flower, hoa ban (in mountain areas), plum blossom,… in Ha Giang, Moc Chau, Mau Son or Sapa... Enjoy the beauty by your eyes and “taste” the perfume of flower by your nose and you will see.
What should I prepare when going to the North of Vietnam in the winter?
- Although Vietnam is famous for its hot climate, if you want to try the cold here, it’s definitely in some parts of the Vietnamese northern area. It’s quite cold in the winter. If I were you, I would prepare some warm clothes. You also need to prepare the thermal paste, heating bag, backup charger…they going to remain your temperature. To all the beauty-lovers, bring a moisturizer, moisturizing lipstick with you to avoid dryness – they’re really useful.
What is the best time to go to the northern Vietnam?
- Well, because of the topography here, the tourist season here is around the end of August, early September to December and after the Lunar New Year. This is the time when the Northwest, Northeast most beautiful, most pleasant, less rain, not too much sun. This is also the time of many festivals and the season of flowers such as blooming flowers, apricots, and peach flowers ... Beautiful weather also makes a greater trip. This is a great attraction for those who want to go up the mountain. Walking on the road looking at the sea, up to the sea watching clouds, floating in the scene. I’m sure there’s nothing more attractive than that.
Where can I try a real homestay in Sapa?
- Yes, of course. Homestay has become more famous in Sapa now. You can stay in villages that are further away from the city. Homestays are also in the areas of Cao Bang, Mai Chau, Ha Giang, Bac Ha – mostly covered cottages for tourists. You will have chance to communicate with the local Hmong residents, live with them, experiencing the daily life in the northern.
What are the most visited places in northern Vietnam?
- Well, the northern Vietnam is also famous for its hottest destinations such as ancient Hanoi, a great gift of nature Ha Long Bay, a significant Sapa, a beautiful landscape of Ninh Binh…
Where are the biggest and most beautiful rice terraces and fields?
- Well, a lot of people agree that it is in Mu Cang Chai in the northern Vietnam. Then also in Sapa or Ha Giang province (eg. Hoang Su Phi). Huge rice fields you can find also in Mai Chau.
Where to buy branded and quality products in Hanoi?
- In my opinion, you should try Vincom Megamall Royal City (almost all) or Trang Tien Plaza in the southern part of Hoan Kiem Lake. It is not a 100% guarantee that there is a genuine brand.
Is northern Vietnam suitable for traveling with small children?
- To see the most interesting places, you would have to travel on a private car. If your child is still a baby, I think it is not suitable when you want to visit remote areas in northern Vietnam due to we often take a long walk to the local village.
What are the best beaches in northern Vietnam?
- The best beaches you will find mainly in Halong Bay Area. During your cruising in Ha Long, normally we will stop at Ti Top Island in Halong Bay, there also a small nice beach in Ti Top Island. Otherwise, there is a nice beach at Lan Ha Area of Cat Ba Island, it is also closed to Ha Long Bay.
Central of Vietnam Question and Answer
- What should I go in the Central of Vietnam: Đà Nẵng or Huế?
Wow! To be honest, both of them are two of the hottest destination in the Central of Vietnam. Central Vietnam is famous for its central heritage road. If you are interested in history, you’d rather visit Huế as there are quite many ancient sites. But if it is not the case, I would recommend Đà Nẵng. It has a lot of things to do. You can also visit the beautiful beaches and participate in the famous festival of firework.
- How can I go to the central of Vietnam?
There are many ways to go to the Central of Vietnam. It also has the international airport in Danang city. You can also book the flight by yourself via internet. Or you can buy a package tour in which the ticket of transportation included. Otherwise, you can visit central of Vietnam via train from HCMC or Hanoi for a night train. And off course, you can get central of Vietnam via bus from nearby province.
- Where to have Snorkeling and Scuba Diving in central of Vietnam?
With a big plus – a country filled with islands – Vietnam has excellent places where you can take part in Snorkeling and also scuba diving. I would recommend for you would be the Whale Island in Nha Trang – an eco-resort that is not only very beautiful but also friendly with the environment. Other place would be Cham Island, excellent places for snorkeling and scuba diving. There is some snorkeling fun to be had but coral growth is on the lower side. As long as you are okay with less coral viewing, I’m sure these places will not disappoint you.
More like what isn’t there to do! Hoi An is the quintessential Vietnamese town, with colorful buildings draped with bougainvillea, cafes and stunning restaurants lining a bustling river. You can enjoy the unique feeling that you can’t find anywhere except Hội An, specially by night. You can walk or cycle through rice paddies, explore ancient temples, visit local villages, learn more about the Vietnam War, and even take a day trip to Hue, in short Hoi An is one of the main highlights of visiting Vietnam that you cannot miss!
South of Vietnam Question and Answer
- How many days should be spent in Ho Chi Minh city?
If you are in the fisrt-time in HCM city, I would recommend you 1 day city tour SaiGon and 2 or 3 days tours to Mekong Delta.
For more details, please click here!
- Taxi/bus from airports to cities/towns in HCM?
To share you a tip, you should ask in the information desk in the airport. It now provide car services with suitable price and also safety. That’s one of those you can trust. Or you can take the “real” taxi like Vinasun, Mailinh…which is one of the big brand here. Otherwise, you can check and book our service of private transfer from HCMC airport to the hotel in city center from here
- How is the traffic here? It is safe when travelling by bike or motorbike?
Honestly, if you are the first-time visitor in HCM city, the traffic can be an unforgettable experience. Believe it or not, there are transport rules but people is always in a hurry and don't seem really interested in following them. You might be surprised with the scene that some people ride their motorbikes on the pavement rather than waiting in the traffic jam. It's a little bit crazy right. But to me – I’m living in Saigon now – this has become one part of our life, a special to normal thing in Saigon.
Trekking seems to be more famous in the northern Vietnam. However, in the South, you can also have great feelings with trekking in Nam Cat Tien National Park (4 hours of drive from Ho chi minh city).
- Where to get Vegetarians Food in HCM city?
I would recommend these restaurants:
1. Com Chay Nang Tam: 384/40, Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, ward 8, Ditrict 3 (tel: 8483874)
2. Hoa Mai restaurant: Rex Hotel, 141 Nguyen Hue st., District 1 (tel: 8292185)
3. Tib restaurant: 187 Hai Ba Trung st., District 3 (tel: 8297242)
- What’s the best time to visit Mekong Delta?
The Mekong Delta reveals its best during dry months from December to May when the sky is crystal clear, the land is lush and the water is calm. From June to September, it may be hot and humid but the greatest variety of tropical fruit is available only in these months.
- What’s about malaria risk in Mekong delta?
Let me assure you, malaria is now under control in Vietnam and you do not need to use antimalarial medicine before heading to Mekong Delta. The mosquitos usually appear at night. You do not need to worry too much about this.
- Could you suggest us a homestay in Mekong Delta?
Well, doing some homestay tourism is absolutely enjoyable and memorable. It’s a great way to share joys and also hardship of local life. Currently, we are partnering with an authentic homestay in Mekong Delta. Should you want to do it yourself, you may search around Ben Tre and Vinh Long. There are many so-called homestays in touristy Can Tho, yet most of them are actually guesthouses detached from host families, so check it out carefully before you make any settlement.
- Beach break while in South Vietnam?
There is no shortage of beaches in Vietnam and definitely not in South Vietnam. If you are looking something specific, we would recommend the Mui Ne. It is about 200 km from Ho Chi Minh City. It has really picked up in terms of popularity in recent years. There are also others beach which closer to Ho Chi Minh City such as Vũng Tàu, Hồ Tràm, Hồ Cốc, Long Hải and Phuoc Hai.
- Why are tours to Mekong Delta packaged tours? Can we travel on our own?
Well, actually, because traveling around islands in Mekong Delta requires using the boat. If you travel on your own, booking privately might result in higher cost not only the boat but also the homestay, meal... Moreover, the package tour offer a complimentary service with an English speaking guide (any language you want) and many stop-overs in between so that you can easily get chances to see how they manufacture coconut candy, pop rice and other handicraft products. Traveling alone might be troublesome because the local people are not really good at communicating in English. It’s absolutely better if you have a native companion with you. If you are native to Vietnamese language, you can try, though!